If your vehicle is being stored on our premises, we will gladly help you recover it as quickly and inexpensively as possible. Please note the following instructions and read our Frequently Asked Questions further below to ensure best possible service.
Instructions to Recover Your Impounded Vehicle
1. Come to our office in Corona, Ca. during office hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm (You may pick up property or vehicle after hours, but a “After Hours Fee” will be charged. This also applies to holidays and weekends).
2. Bring the following paperwork:
– Proof of Ownership (Any of the following: Current registration, Title with your name printed on front, Current DMV printout, or rental vehicle contract – if a rental).
– Photo Identification (Drivers license, Sheriff’s cards, INS-issued Temporary Alien Cards, Student ID).
– A Police department release form if your car has a hold.(If your vehicle was towed by a law enforcement agency you will need a release from them first)
3. Provide full payment (Cash, Visa or Mastercard. No checks can be accepted).
Instructions to Retrieve Property from a Vehicle
Note: We will only release property from a vehicle to the registered owner. There are no exceptions to this rule. You must be able to show a valid ID and proof of current registration in your name to claim any property.
If the vehicle has a police hold, you must obtain a “property release” from the appropriate police department.
Please note that nothing attached to the vehicle by any means will be released.
|Some items that may be released:||Some items that will NOT be released:|
|– Clothing||– Stereos|
|– CDs or Tapes||– Speakers|
|– Papers||– Amplifiers|
|– Medications||– Battery|
|– Purse or Backpack||– Wheels|
|– Etc.||– Etc.|
Frequently Asked Impounded Vehicles Questions
Q: Does it matter how long I leave my vehicle at Hamner Towing?
Yes. Fees are assessed daily. To minimize your costs, pick-up your vehicle as soon as possible. Furthermore, after a set period of time (approximately 45 days depending on the value of the vehicle), it becomes at risk of being sold at lien sale (contact our office for the specific timeline for your vehicle).
Q: What happens if I don’t retrieve my vehicle in time?
If you are unable to pick up your vehicle within the set time before the lien sale ends, you have two options:
You can do nothing and leave your vehicle. We will attempt to sell it and recover the towing and storage fees. If the vehicle does not sell, or the sale price does not cover the fees, we will begin collection proceedings to recover the remaining balance.
We understand that sometimes people are in a difficult situation and may not have the means to be able to claim their vehicle. In this situation, we offer an “amnesty” for the vehicle. This works by you paying us for the tow charge, ten days of storage and the lien fees. (This covers our costs). Then we keep the vehicle and do not proceed with the collection process. For anyone interested in protecting their credit, we strongly suggest this option.
Note: If you do not choose to participate in the “amnesty” program, during the lien sale, we cannot not offer it to you later. Once the vehicle account is with the collections agency, we do not have the right to negotiate the vehicle. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our office, we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Q: What if I’m not the vehicle’s registered owner?
If you are not the registered owner, you must have the registered owner come into our office with you.